Sunday, October 4, 2020

the ups and downs of recovery

One thing, I am having to realize is, it took my mind a couple of years of constant stress to break. I need to keep in mind that recovery is not overnight. With any illness there is a time period for healing and it may be different for each individual.  We can not gauge our progress with other's.  
I am also learning that you can not heal in the same environment that made you sick.  This has to be the most difficult aspect of it all, for myself. 
I have to accept things that I can not change and instead change this environment.  When flowers begin to die we don't rip them up, we try and fix the soil around them. I need to fix my soil.
In light of mental health week, I urge all of you who find yourselves struggling to seek help. Turn to someone. There is no shame in saying you have had enough and need some help. 
It is usually those of us who fight our battles alone, those of us who push harder and hide our problems that need help most. Also, it is the same people who do not want to burden others with our issues. 
I hope you find the strength and courage to keep moving forward. You do not have to fight alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment