Friday, September 25, 2020

It's okay not to be okay

This is my new mantra. Why is mental health so taboo? Why do we push ourselves past the breaking point, just to appease others? When we break a bone, we do what we need to so we can heal and when we get a cold we rest and get better. So why is it so hard to allow our minds time to heal? 
I guess I felt I could handle anything and everything all by myself. I did not give myself a moment to process things I have been through the past 2 years and my brain just...broke. I finally had enough. It should not have been that way. 
Reaching out for help is not easy, admitting you can't handle everything being thrown at you...it just made me feel weak, as if I wasn't good enough because I couldn't handle what was going on in my life. Truth is, I couldn't.  And I should have sought help sooner. 
It will be a long road to recovery and you know what? I am going to allow myself time to mourn what I have lost and time to heal. Why should I feel ashamed?
I hope that if you don't feel okay, that you know...IT'S OKAY!! Take time for your mind just as you do your body. Seek help before that breaking point and please, for the love of all, do not let anyone make you feel as though you are weak or unworthy just because you need help! 
💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

No comments:

Post a Comment