Tuesday, October 9, 2012

GFCF...a new journey

So if you have been following my story, you know what is going on from facebook. If you do not know, I will give a quick rundown... I have 8 children, am in school full time, married to a wonderful man who supports me in all I do and is a stay at home dad. Three of my children face some challenges in life. One had meningitis as a younger child and has some brain damage from encephalitis. Then I have one autistic child who also has complex epilepsy, astham and some severe allergies. Also there is my youngest boy who may have asperger's and some mild delays. I finally got the autistic dx from the psych doc. Now he wants us to do a GFCF diets. For those who do not know this is gluten and casein free. Which is in almost every single thing you buy! Casein is in dairy, gluten is pretty much all wheat and wheat types. So we also did research and since we have two other children affected in some way we are all going gfcf. It has been a couple of weeks and the transition has been tough but worth it. I myself am not having tummy issues anymore. So that makes me wonder if the dark circles under the kid's eyes and tummy issues come from a sensitivity to these foods?! We shall see. Is anyone else out there gfcf, one or the other? If so, why? And what has been the hardest part of it all? How long have you been doing it and how do you survive to pay for anything? lol this stuff is expensive! I mean we have been making our own breads and such because while it costs more to use gfcf produccts, it is cheaper to make yourself. I am looking for tips, hints and any help. I am hoping to get into a better routine here so I can post more. Life has just been beyond hectic lately! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment