Sunday, November 7, 2010

week 5 update and a look into our lives

So I have decided to post both the 5 week update and a look into a typical day in our house. I have had so many ask and I just haven't had the time. But now I have found an extra few mins and will post it now. =)

Okay, week 5 is off to a good start. I am having some issues again. I am doing my best to be okay, but as I have said before, I have good days and I have bad days, and this is just one of my bad ones. I guess its to be expected. I didn't sleep much if at all last night or today. I had bad dreams again and a couple of panic attacks. I did rest holding Octavia for a little bit this morning.
She is doing good. She is not liking the formula and I hate it as well. I hate having to make bottles and listen to my hungry baby cry while waiting on me. I am used to nursing my babies. But I know this is best as my anxiety and such has really made me so uptight my milk pretty much dried up. Which in turn made her miserable and me feel even worse. So overcoming the loss of nursing her and that bond just seemed the better route for all of us. I am still sad about it, but each day I feel a little better. It isn't easy at all, and if you have gone through it you understand. If you haven't gone through it or know anyone who has, you probably think I am nuts lol, but that's okay.

Well I got my motherhood tattoo and I love it! I have some other tats I want but I have to wait until I get my job.

Soooo...now for that look into our lives...

A typical day in our house is pretty busy.
Our day usually starts between 7 and 9. It just depends on how the night before went. On Sundays I get the children's school work printed up and organized with the help of my eldest daughter. We get everyone folders done once the little ones are settled on Sunday nights.
Usually breakfast is cereal or a bagel, I do get up and cook a few mornings a week. It usually takes almost 2 dozen eggs, two pack of biscuits and I make a side such as grits, cream of wheat or oatmeal.
The kids get one their reading, math and whatever other work I have for them for the day. I do not do school like the public school system does. My children do a lot of reading and book work but we also do units. Like they don't do science every day, but we do units of science and same for history.
Lunch is done around 1230 or so. Usually something healthy but easy.
Then it's back to school work.
Right now our yard is grown up because our brand new mower fell apart, literally. The housing came lose and broke while Steven was mowing.When it's mowed the kids go out back for a good while before dinner. And they will go back to that this week. In the meantime we had been going other places.
In between everything I clean. I wash bathrooms, counters, dishes, clothes, floors, vacuum ad all that fun stuff. I mop every other day. And I do deep cleaning once a month which entails wiping down walls and dusting and cleaning ceilings and fans and all. My floors have to be swept and vacuumed every other day to everyday.
Dinner comes around 530. Junior tends to do dinner more often then I do and a couple nights a month we get take out. But it costs a lot to feed a house 8 kids and 3 adults lol.
After dinner we do baths. Now we don't always bathe them every night. Sometimes it is every other night. Every one of my kids have eczema. And washing them too often makes them itchy and complain a lot. But they get bathed almost every night just because I can't let kids go to bed if they have any kind of smell other than fresh and clean lol.
I bathe 6 of the 8 kids and help my oldest girl wash her hair.
After baths I brush 4 of the 8 kids teeth, 3 brush their own and 1 doesn't have a yet lol. Then I make sure beds are ready for bed. I usually wash sheets once a week or more so their beds are almost always fresh and clean and ready, I just make sure the sheets didn't come off because one of the kids has played around and pulled it off.
Then it is time for meds. Gin gets his nose spray, GZ get nose spray and allergy meds and Nik gets his anti seizure meds and mood meds. We let them watch a little nikc jr and then its time for lights out.
We have good days and bad days, but this is a typical day here. We have a lot of appointments and go out of town for some of them. Things can get very busy here. I am hoping to start working soon and daddy and steven will be home with the kids. One of us will always be here as it is against our personal beliefs for others to raise our kids. We support them and spend all of our time with them.
Once I start working we will have a family night once a week that we absolutely spend doing something together and Junior and I will have date night twice a month. I feel that because I will be gone so much and we won't all be seeing each other every day, every moment, that these nights are important for us as a family.

Is our life busy? hell yes it is lol! But we have talked many times and neither of us know what we would do if we were not always so busy. We would truly be lost without these kids.
In a way it is sad that being so busy and being with my family is helping me through my trauma, and no doctor is willing to help. No one will help me, I am on my own, as I have been for maaaaan years now. I do have family that has helped us a couple of times an they always offer support, but no one gets us out of our fixes but us. We are all we have. We are going through a lot right now and having each other keeps us strong.
Would lots of money help? I am sure it would as it would help anyone! and we would love to have lots of money. But to teach our kids to earn an honest living and what family is about, means so much more to us.

We are adding onto our home so the kids have more room and we have zero help. It is me, junior and steven. It is mostly the guys lol but I do what I can. We are almost done and so proud of everything we have done.

Well I will post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment