Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My doctor appointment

Well, I finally found a doctor to help me with my PTSD. I have to go to another county and make a 40 minute drive, but that is ok. He is well worth it. He and his wife are outstanding people. I mean he listened to everything I said and even felt anger towards how I was treated by the OB when I had Octavia. I finally have a medical professional not treating me like and making me feel stupid or small. He really wants to help me and his wife does therapy so I start next week. They specialize in PTSD. He is a military vet who served and was a military doctor. He has a wall full of medals, plaques and awards. Everyone in the waiting room kept saying the wait is worth it. We waited over an hour for me to be seen. And he spent 30 mins just talking to me, then his wife spent almost 3 mins talking to me. And she had one of her babies at home. So yay! I have someone who understands why it was so important to me. She was forced into some things she did not want as well. I just can't tell you how good I feel. They are just so much like me and junior. I am happy and hope everything goes good because I think I have a friendship in them as well as help. That is just how they are to everyone. So warm and kind and helpful. There needs to be more doctors like this. Those who know me personally and know what I have been through know I have been through the ringer with doctors. From OB to pediatricians, all because I believe in nature. I believe in medicine when truly needed. But I do not believe in bombarding my children's little bodies with drugs and crap. It is my job to care for these little humans and make sure they are healthy and loved as well as protected. This is my job. So I just do not understand why so many people want to give me crap for researching medicines before my kids take them, and looking into other options before putting my children through anything that could traumatize them. I just have to make sure that I make the best decision based on all facts. This includes researching both sides of an arguement. So it is not like I just rush into something without knowing what I am doing. I do my best to protect the well being of myself and my children. I just wish people could understand that you never EVER do what a doctor says just because you think you have to. You should always ask tons of questions, do your own research and make informed decisions. I can not stress this enough.

Anyway, before I get up on my soapbox (too late? lol) I will just say I am thankful for this doctor and I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving eve! Have fun thawing that turkey! Remember to never leave the raw turkey out, unless thawing it in COLD water (neveer use warm or hot water) and enjoy those around you and let them know how thankful you are!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear your experience was all you hoped it would be. Good days are here to stay! Your babies are so lucky to have such a committed mommy!

    ReplyDelete