Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Topic of the week shall be...

Okay, this week it is going to be autism. I chose this topic to start because I have child with ASD and it is important for this awareness. Today a social worker came to talk to us about Nik's therapy he will be starting. We have been fighting this for 6 years and finally we are going in the right direction. I have been told several times (by a doctor, a therpist and a few other professionals) that Nik seems to have some ASD going on. Just not sure exactly how bad, what part of the spectrum and so on. Well now we are on our way to getting answers and finally getting help. The meltdowns are the hardest part, as is the emotionless stares and reactions. I have shared some of my story in a previous blog posting. So now it is your turn. Share your story. If you have an autistic child (or loved one) please share with us your story of this beautiful being! These children (an adults even) are special on another level. But this seems to be happening more and more to our children. Let's get the awareness out there. Share tips, stories and just vent if need be. Pass this blog along and I promise you will not get bored. I have so much to talk about... =) Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment