Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's been a while

It has been over 4 months since my last entry. A lot has happened. I am now around 35 weeks pregnant and with my due date closing in I feel exhaused. I have everything ready for the birth. My birth kit is here an organized, the pool is ready to be set up and the add on room is almost half way done.
The baby is growing well and it shows lol. I feel like a small whale, but I know it will all be okay. I am getting small bursts of energy here and there and getting things done and prepared. I feel almost ready.
I was just laying here in bed, listening to the quiet and thought I needed to post.
I created this blog to share the day to day hapenings of a different kind of mom with a different kind of life. To give others some insight. And what happened? Life caught up with me and I became rather busy.
I will also be using this to document my labor and birth. So keep up with this page and I promise there will be updates and more to come.

I also wanted to talk about something I read in another moms blog the other day that is bothering me. This woman was blogging about what it means to be a mom and how important her identity was. She has one child. She also has a career which she feels should be what defines who she is. Really?? Here is what I think, if you have a child (or children), you are a MOM. I do not look at being a mom a downer. What is with these women and the need to try and be something else? Having a child is a huge step in life, one that is going to come with many titles sooooo, why fight it? I do many things in what spare time I have, but I certainly do not want any of those things to define more, because I am first and foremost a mom. Why do we have children?
I will tell you now, I LOVE being pregnant, I love labor and giving birth. I adore these little beings that I bring into this world! I would do it over and over if I knew I could. This is my last child and while I am trying to enjoy it, I have many trying to bring me down. It is okay though. This is human nature at work. When we do not understand someone or something, our instinct is to attack it. Some people find the neeed to belittle someone or something to make themself feel superior. When we see or hear of someone doing something different, we often have to justify what we are doing and find things wrong with what that person is doing so we feel okay with the choice we made. This cycle needs to stop. This is one point of my blog. I want to take you on a journey through the life of a family who does things very differently.
I hope you follow me, though I am slow at getting things going on here, I promise to give you some insight, some facts and a lot of my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment